I started creating for my kids. Now they have become the reason that I create. Here, they are affectionately referred to as Froo & Boo.
When I was pregnant with Froo in 2008, I took out my dusty sewing machine and started sewing. The feeling of creating something for my baby gave me a new sense of purpose and joy. When Boo was born in 2011, I got a new sewing machine and haven’t stopped sewing since!
At the end of May 2012, our little family moved to the San Francisco bay area from Vancouver, Canada (actually, Burnaby–woot woot!). In this new phase of my life, I am a full-time mommy and part-time creator of handmade goodies. I created this blog to document the handmade part of my life. I’m sure the mommy side of life will pop up here and there.
Thanks for visiting!
Want to learn a little more about me? Some links to posts that describe:
- How I came up with the name Froo & Boo
- The Kate Middleton coat I made for the Project Run & Play sew-along
- This post has been pinned the most
- My only pictureless post about the kindness of strangers
- My favourite shirt and fabric
- My brief stint in Sew Mama Sew’s Great Online Sewing Match, interview about how I learned to sew here
- My tutorial featured on the French Deer & Doe blog
- My entries for Season 8 of the Project Run & Play competition: Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3