I have yet to recover from the shock that I am one of 10 contestants for the The Super Online Sewing Match*, hosted by Sew Mama Sew! I found out by email last night, accepted the challenge and now I’m getting ready for Round 1! To read more about the Sewing Match*, this post has all of the details. I haven’t had much sleep since that email because I have been watching The Great British Sewing Bee until my eyes felt like they had dried wide-open, almost losing the ability to blink. Really exciting stuff!
For readers who are visiting my blog for the first time, thank you for stopping by! To find out more about me, I thought I would simply post my audition email that I sent to Beth and Kristin, the lovely ladies of Sew Mama Sew, to try and convince them to pick me.
- Kate Middleton Military Coat – I drafted this coat pattern to follow along with Project Run & Play, during Fashion Icon Week. It is one of my most popular posts to date and my daughter wears it all the time. frooandboo.wordpress.com/2012/09/19/fashion-icon-week
- Burberry-Inspired School Coat – This is another coat that I made for my daughter, inspired by the Burberry trench that I was obsessed with at the time. This coat features oodles of details and I learned a lot from putting it together. frooandboo.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/a-burberry-inspired-school-coat
- Grey Fox Backpack – This is my most recent sewing project. I customized the Oliver + S backpack pattern to be a grey fox as a birthday gift for a boy named Grey. I love how it turned out! frooandboo.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/happy-grey-canada-day
- Wiksten Tova in Nani Iro – If you’ll allow me to throw in just one more… This is my favourite shirt and has really planted the seed to make more clothing for myself. I love finding amazing fabric to showcase amazing patterns. frooandboo.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/wiksten-tova-in-nani-iro
Please join me on my sewing adventures! I am beyond thrilled and honoured to have been selected as a contestant–I’m so excited to create garments that will truly reflect my creativity and style. The online sewing community is so warm and encouraging–I would never have dreamt to enter a sewing competition if it hadn’t been for all of the positive feedback from my little blog. You guys are the bestest!
* This post has been updated to reflect the new name of the competition.